Friday 22 April 2016

Sorry for my last LAMÉ post

Well the last few days have consisted of a lot of work. On Monday we painted this old stone wall. The problem was that it was only plastered 80%, so we had to use A LOT of paint on the part that was not plastered. The other problem was that part of the wall was crumbling away. Any ways by the end of the day we where finished.

On Tuesday I just generally did stuff. Until the electrician came along and said “You kid, come here ” ok that might not be exactly what he said but you don’t know how hard it is to understand foreign accents. I can’t really say anything because they probably have the same problem understanding me. But back to the subject, he showed me how to do some electrical things. The sockets here are much smarter than the ones on Canada. In Canada you have to take a wire a twist it around a tiny screw, i.e. not easy. But here in Ireland all you have to do is stuff two thick wires into a hole and then screw them in. Like, hello Canada. That is what we smart (S.M.R.T) people like to call… LOGIC.

Wednesday we cleaned out a room. It had all the kitchen like stuff. Not really to exiting I guess. Thursday I worked in the garden helping my mom cut off black plastic, because it was suffocating the plants.


Friday I went with the local handy man Jimmy.  Every body sais that she rules with an Iron hand, and is just pretty much a bad ass, like my Grandma (that is not a bad thing). So I prepare for a tough woman with a heavy Irish accent in her 60s (I go of all of this because Jimmy looks about 60, and he has a really heavy accent). But I get this woman who looks like she is in here early 40s, she also had a slight Irish accent, almost like she was an actor in a movie, and she was really sweet.  After that we went to the lumber shop, and we got a lot of lumber. We arrived right in time for breakfast at ten. I then helped make lunch. I cut of the meat from a leg of a deer. I gave the dog the remains, and that is the only time I have seen that dog not pay attention to a ball (it usually walks around with a ball in its mouth).  That was pretty much my day. Thanks every body, and I hope that you have a great week end!

No comments:

Post a Comment