Wednesday 14 September 2016

London #5 Shakespeare

Shakespeare

Sooooo… I never thought I would go to Shakespeare, (a very inappropriate name if you ask me. It’s weird what parents do to children some times) and you know I was very sceptical about it. I had heard all the horror stories of kids having to study Shakespeare and never being the same afterwards. They called the disease Shakespearianitis, The symptoms are talking like the books, and starting to dress up the like they do in the books. Some get so infected they get together as a group and start actually replaying the plays. I shuddered that day to think what I was going to be through that night. I think I might have gotten a minor case. Because I thought it wasn’t bad. The play we went to was called Macbeth, it included death, misery, more death, craziness, DEATH, MORE AND MORE DEATH!!!!!!!, and Finally, peace.
That was the plot, but I will give you a few details I think a worth knowing about. They had four witches instead of the classic 3, but that is not the important part. One of the witches had one and a half arms. Which made the play hilarious. Mainly in one scene where she is a demon in hell. First she pops out in a green bag and starts shouting at the crowd to let her out. When they finally did she started opening doors in hell and started saying stuff, I was paying 75% attention to her (the rest of the time it was 40%, it wares you out listening to gibberish.) but then I perked up when she made the best sentence of the play. She went “Who in the name of… (What’s the other name for the devil? Oh ya) who in the name of Trump are you!” That made every body started to clap. America, even the snobbish, uptight, assholes known as the English know how bad trump is. Why can’t you figure it out?



Anyways that is really all I thought highly of the play. I mean it was well done, but the Shakespeare speech kind of ruins any play. It is just too hard to understand. It takes a lot of brainpower just to listen to a play, but I mean if you want to go to Shakespeare, I don’t think you could find a better place then the globe. The original place of Shakespeare.

No comments:

Post a Comment