Friday 15 July 2016

SHIIIIIIIIINNNNYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:O

Well yesterday I saw one of the most amazing fireworks display ever! And I would have a long video for you guys EXCEPT the phone went all funky and stopped working.

Anyways since I am doing chemistry in school right now I asked my mom what makes the colours. She told me a couple and I googled them.
So here they are. They colours that you see are all made of metals burning.

Red: strontium and lithium saltsOrange: calcium saltsYellow: sodium compoundsGold: iron with carbonElectric white: magnesium or aluminumGreen: barium compoundsBlue: copper compoundsPurple: mix of strontium and copper compoundsSilver: aluminum, magnesium or titanium flakesand a prettier explanation.






There are also different kinds of fireworks, as in what they do.



here is a good website that explains it well.
http://mentalfloss.com/article/31097/names-10-fireworks-effects

this one has a few different ones.
http://www.pbs.org/a-capitol-fourth/fireworks-fun/firework-names/

Thanks guys and

No comments:

Post a Comment