Tuesday 18 October 2016

Edinburgh

Well I have learned that you don't ask a Scottish person where to go. For one they will probably say "ah it's just a wee walk down the road" and after you look it up on google maps you find out that it was a half hour walk. Also they don't understand that tourists want to see beautiful things not ugly 60s architecture. But if you ask any Scottish person they will say go to Glasgow "the place of concrete buildings" but then you'll ask about Endinburgh, and they'll say, "ach no Glasgow is much better " then you go to both and you see the gorgeous architecture of Edinburgh, and are like "yo dude, how you like that 60s cement blocks called buildings over this place of beauty?".

But anyways I went to Edinburgh this past weekend, and it was gorgeous. All stone buildings dating to as late as the 1550 (at least that is the oldest I saw, but outside of the city we ate at a 800 year old mill) and a quarter is pubs and another quarter is kilt shops and the rest is other things. We just walked around most of the time, although we did have a peek in the national museum of Scotland, and we went into the museum of People's Story, it is a small but informative place.

Anyways lets go to when I first got there. We got there somewhere around 8 at night and we found our hotel very simply and we got the cats in and all the things we needed up to our room and then we were off. I hadn't really eaten anything that day so we walked to the castle which was AMAZING and then we went to hunt for a cheapish place that was still open, because by that time it was 10ish. So after going past the ghost tour and telling my mom that no I would not walk it (I have an over reactive imagination) and passing a very friendly and seemingly sane beggar we found THE Kebab shop. And when I say THE I mean THE Kebab place. It tasted SOOOOOOO good. I mean "So good🎶🎶 so good" it was heavenly... No that is the wrong word, because whatever type of god(s) that is up there wouldn't be able to make something that good. It is like the ambrosia from the Greeks the apple from the garden of Eve, the spices from India, the size of a Texan meal, the delicacy of a French cuisine, and, and, I've ran out of things I could say.


The next few days included walking around and enjoying Edinburgh, we had a very kind man that did the night shift at our hotel and we enjoyed talking to him very much.

If you are ever going to Scotland go to Edinburgh, it's very pretty, and I am yet to have bad food there.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. KILT shops

    And if you love the kebab place shouldn't you tell everyone that it's Zenobia on George IV Bridge street?

    spelling... spelling... spelling...

    ReplyDelete